Re: MOT power supply

Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <f-h-at-c.dk>

digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com, Guys!

It is not the voltage across the windings that is the problem.
It is the secondary to primary voltage that is.

When you string these transformers together, the last transformer in the
string will have its secondary elevated to a potential that equals the
sum of all the transformers output voltage in that string. From the
ground point and out.

Since the primary coils all are at relative ground potential, the sum of
primary and secondary insulation to the core, on the last transformer,
is stressed beyond the design mark.

Typical insulation from winding to the core in a MOT is 7.5kV for 1
minute. It is only a question of how long they last.
This may well be adequate for coiling, and I encourage your attempts to
find the limit.

There are 2 mot`s in the blue plastic cylinders in the back:
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/ambassador/mainframe/mainf7.jpg

Pls. don`t be sarcastic, when we point out that the MOT`s are cheaply
built, it only serves to show that you are unaware of how a proper high
voltage transformer is made!

http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/museum/pig/porkchop.htm

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Tesla list skriver: