Nst ?'s

Original poster: "Nolan Moore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <moonol05-at-email.pct.edu>

Hi again,

     I was wondering if I were to take two depoted 7.5kv -at- 60ma nst
francformers and wired them in series to obtain 15kv -at- 60ma. Then I
constructed a box out of plexi glass to house the two nst and then submerse
then in HV oil to suppress internal arcing.  Would it be a good idea to
remove all but eight shunts from each packet like Ross Overstreet did to his
12/60 transformer, on he web page it says that his primary windings would
get up to 100C and it was hot enough to sizzle spit.  Well what I am getting
at is it good to have them run that hot?  When depotting the transformer I
hade to crank the oven temp hotter then that to melt the tar.  Also were is
a good place to get some power factor correction caps? I will be needing
about 280uF worth to keep the current draw at an expectable rating. Now do
the capacitors connect in parallel across the primary of the nst right?
Thanks For all your help!

Sincerely,
Nolan Moore