Re: Coil data & wall distances

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 09:10 PM 19/11/02 -0700, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

 >Hi Weazle,
 >
 >I would measure to the metal rack.  It's probably large enough to
 >be considered the wall on that side.  Whenever it's convenient.
 >
 >Take care,
 >Bart

Hi Bart, Coilers,

Here are the measurements from the centerline of the secondary to
the four walls.

Wall one is 6.5 feet and is standard studs with wood sheeting.
Wall two is 10 feet and is mostly an 8 ft. x 9 ft. metal door.
Wall three is 9.5 feet and is a metal rack holding firewood.
Wall four is 10 feet and is standard studs and wood sheeting.

The PDT is the largest metal object near the coil and it sits right
by the metal door (wall two), so possibly it can be concidered as
being part of the door, seeing as they're both metal.

Four feet directly above the toploads is a grounded strike plate to
protect the garage door opener.  Oddly, I've only had one strike to
it, as the streamers generally are horizontal, but it left quite a
burn mark!

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
G-1#1214

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+