Re: Coil data & wall distances

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 10:28 PM 21/11/02 -0700, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

 >Hi Weazle,
 >
 >Thank you for this information. (more intersperced).
 >
 >Tesla list wrote:
 >
 >I wouldn't consider the PDT as a wall distance.  No doubt there is an
 >external capacitive coupling between the coil and PDT, but still, in
 >this case I would just use the wall distance behind the PDT.  It looks
 >like the average wall distance is 108 inches.  With my coil I found
 >that the average wall distance matched closely my actual measurements.

<SNIP>

 >It sure would be great to get a real Fres measurement if you have the
 >time and the gizmo's. Do you have any misc. measurements on this coil
 >like inductance, capacitance, etc.., or are these calc'd values?
 >
 >Anyway, thanks again.
 >Take care,
 >Bart

Hi Bart, Coilers,

The only "hard data" that I have is on the MMC, with a calculated
capacity of 0.026 uF., versus a measured capacity of 0.03 uF. and
on the Mutual Inductance and K, which I measured using the method
described by Terry Fritz.  The measured Mut. L was 38.76 uH. and
the K was 0.1, which are pretty close to what the MandK program
gave, 38.4 uH. and 0.105 respectively.

I don't have a scope or other fancy test gear, so I'm afraid I'll
not be able to give you any other measured values, especially the
one about the secondary that you would like to have.  Maybe I can
borrow the neccessary equipment from a Ham friend.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
G-1#1214

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca