Re: motor run caps

Justin,

Some teletype motors require a starting relay and starting cap.
The motor starts with the cap connected, then the external relay
disconnects the cap.
Otherwise, if the cap is left connected, the motor keeps
shaking, and never syncs.  I think I show this type of motor at
my website on one of the rotaries.  But sometimes the motors
look one way, but each require different arrangements.  Some need
the relay, some don't.  The motors that have the relay, require a
much larger cap value than the motors without the relay.  Some
motors require the relay, but don't require any cap at all.

http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

You may need to click through various links at the site to find
the various rotaries.

John