Re: The Tabletop Tesla Coil Showdown - OFFICIAL RULES and WEBSITE

Original poster: "sebastian gaeta by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sgtporky-at-prodigy-dot-net>

I agree with Greg. If the only limitation is the use of the use of 4kv at 20mA
NST, limited to mains input, then this could potentially be an excellent
learning experience! To have all these rules which pretty much limits us all to
build the same coils, only proves how well a person can build something. This
is too much like applying for a job. I wanna see what's gonna give the biggest
sparks for a given input power!

I am a little dissapointed with the latest set of rules. The last time I built
a SRSG, I couldnt get it to work below 7.5KV. I was really looking forward to
the challange of overcomming that problem. Instead of scrapping the idea of the
rotary, I think I will just forgo being in the competition and just bask in my
own elation, or dissapointment if I am successful, or screw it up!

Sue