Backwards primary?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com>

I was wondering, Would it help anything if you made a primary that, instead of
starting at the primary and going up, it went from the secondary down? I am not
sure if i said it right, but, i think you get the idea. It seems that it would
cut down on the primary strikes... Also, it is possible to wind your secondary
and take out the pipe? What would be the pros of doing this?
thanks
Adam