Halloween Coiling

Original poster: "Winston Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi All,

	This Halloween, I'd like to mount my 2kVA coil on the roof above my
front porch.  I plan to use a counterpoise of chicken wire, which would
be connected to a "real" RF ground.  I plan also to extend the
counterpoise out a little way from the roof, over the walkway, to catch
any errant streamers that might come close to people.

	I'd like some input from people who have "been there, done that", since
I obviously don't want to do something dangerous/stupid.  The PSU would
be on the roof as well, totally out of reach.

	Also, I live in the Los Angeles area, which as many of you know is a
"paranoid" city, obsessed with anything that has the capacity to do any
harm to anything (except cars ;-)).  I don't want the police at my
house.  Can anyone advise me here??

Thanks,
Winston K.

PS-I normally do an elaborate Halloween display, and am looking to "kick
it up a notch".  It's quite electrically intensive, since I have
control/power wire running to various motorized/lighted equipment.  This
would be the first year that high voltage would enter the picture.