Faraday cages

Hi Duncan,

Here are some things you might check.

Be sure the RF ground is good and solid.

Use AC line filters to keep stuff from getting back into the AC wiring where it
can really get transmitted far.

Ferrite beads (big ones) (like they use now on computer cables and such (clip
on)) on each side of the primary wiring to the spark gap can really cut down on
higher frequency noise.

If you know who was having the problem and you can befriend them, they can help
you "test" things out too.

I have thought of cages too but some people say they won't help much.  I don't
know enough about radio to say for sure but apparently they have to be made
"just right" to work well.  Perhaps our radio friends know more here ;-)

Cheers,

        Terry