Re: The Tabletop Tesla Coil Showdown - OFFICIAL RULES and WEBSITE

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-madlabs.info>

Malcom,

The think is that beating the Freau equation is sort of a "holy grail" of
coiling, and could take years of expert coils to achieve, if ever. I know I
would never enter such a contest, I just ain't a sharp enough monkey. What
about limiting input power, or some other factor that would allow for
differnent PSU's?

Also, if there is anyway I can help get you one of those 4kV/20ma xfrmrs
from here in the states, let me know.

Regards,

Jonathan Peakall