Re: Rail Gun

Original poster: "Sam Barros by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mail-at-powerlabs-dot-org>

> Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "Brett Miller by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brmtesla-at-yahoo-dot-com>
> >
> > All,
> >
> > I know this is off topic, but I think everyone here
> > should check out Sam Barrows' 20Kilojoule railgun
> > project...if you haven't seen it already.  This kid's
> > doing excellent work and it's being sponsored by
> > Cornell Dublier.
> >
> > http://www.powerlabs-dot-org/railgun.htm
> >
> > I guess it's sort of on topic since he's planning on
> > demonstrating this at a teslathon. :)
> >
> > -Brett
>
> Brett,
>
> Which Teslathon?
>
> -- Bert --
> --
> Bert Hickman
> Stoneridge Engineering
> "Electromagically" (TM) Shrunken Coins!
> http://www.teslamania-dot-com

 Bert,

 Wisconsin Dells of course :) Its the only one close enough for me to
drive to (I'm in Upper Peninsula Michigan right now). Of course, that
depends on whether its O.K. with D.C. Cox and everyone else who is
involved with organizing the event. I don't see why it shouldn't be, but
you never know... If anyone objects to the idea just e-mail me
privately. Also, I am not sure if it will be in firing condition. I'm
putting 5 - 7 hours of machine shop work a day on this but there is
still a lot to do and chances are I won't have a capacitor bank charging
supply by the date... Than again, if someone could provide me with 4kV
DC at a couple hundred/thousand watts we might be able to arrange a
demo... We'll see. Just keep checking my page for daily updates if you
want to see what the current status is :)

Sam Barros
ME/EE Major at Michigan Tech.
http://www.powerlabs-dot-org