Re: Halloween Coiling and the FCC

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Paul,

> Effect on neighboring TVs and radios is more likely
> to be due
> to RF getting onto the mains wiring, as with ham
> equipment.
> That ought to be fairly easy to sort out at source.
> At all costs
> try to avoid RF getting onto the mains, eg when the
> coil is out
> of tune.  Apart from the interference there's the
> chance of
> starting a fire in an unexpected place.
---
I completely agree that RF from Tc must be prevented
to get onto the mains .Without filtering,with
position/construction details and situations badly
choosen a very serious portion of rf power can be set
on the mains causing not just interference but fault
and other damages in worst cases.
As concerning TV interference,primary gap radiation is
a big factor for sure (having in mind TV operating
freq. range).I have powerful(and old ) machine for
cutting a grass (it is not powered by mains AC power
but with its' own gasoline motor) .
Its' spark plugs generate so much short wave noise
that even neighbours in 50 m diameter from it see
mostly the "snow" on theirs Tvs.

regards,
Boris