FW: The Tabletop Tesla Coil Showdown - OFFICIAL RULES and WEBSITE

Original poster: "brianb by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brianb-at-antelecom-dot-net>

All,

My 2-cents...

I like both Terry and Garry's ides.

Terry suggested "How about simply limiting input current with a fuse.  If
you have 120VAC
and say a 1 amp fuse, your limit is set right there regardless of everything
else." We would need another fuse for our 240VAC group but that is simple...

Gary suggested "short circuit current times faceplate voltage did not exceed
200VA". If this approach is taken I'd like to see Isec times Vsec.

Whatever the final number is I like the freedom to consider using any power
supply including my PT or PIG. This opens it up to everyone while providing
a common baseline which was the initial intent if I remember correctly.

Regards,
Brian B.

http://fp2.antelecom-dot-net/brianb/tesla.htm
http://www.teslacoil-dot-com