matching secondary size to power supply

Original poster: "Justin Wright by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ellis_p-at-picknowl-dot-com.au>

Hi All,

How do I choose the correct size of the secondary for each power supply?
How critical is the choice?

I have a number of power supplies to choose from and I recently asked
someone this question and was told that 6, 8 or 10 would be suitable for
that psu.  But which one would be best?

There are two coils I want to build.  One is my big 5kW MOT coil (4 mots
to begin with, possible 6 later) and the other is a small table top coil
using a 10kv 30ma nst.  I have a few other NSTs to choose from as well.

Is there a particular method to choosing the size for each psu?

regards

Justin Wright
liquid media-dot-com.au
www.liquid-media-dot-com.au