Re: Many questions

Hi Matt,

This sounds much better. The new cap size will be fine with a 720W
transformer. The MMC's are an
excellent choice.

The toroid dimensions differ from program to program. Some use radius, some
use outer edge diameter,
and some use centers diameter. E-Tesla6 uses center of tube, JavaTC uses
max outer edge. So for
JavaTC you should have a 6 x 30, and E-Tesla6 a 6 x 24. Program inputs are
partially decided upon
the type of equation used within the program itself (the other part is
personal preference).

I reran the new values and yes, 187kHz is correct as well as the primary
turns (looks like you put
in 6 awg at 1/4" spacing). Note, at this time, no program will throw out
187kHz for your coil which
is a full system design program. The external capacitances have to be
considered to pop this value
out. Assuming you build to spec, the tap should be right on the money. Be
aware, things change
during the build process. Just go back to one of the calculators and enter
the new values to keep
your specs updated.

One thing to look at is your h/d ratio. It's currently 9:1 (twice the
norm). Possibly you meant it
to be long for some reason, but thought I should point it out. (the
archives are full of posts on hd
- you might want to search through the opinions).

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Matt Morrissette by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yinzara-at-MIT.EDU>