Re: RF probs

Original poster: "Paul Nicholson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <paul-at-abelian.demon.co.uk>

Duncan wrote:

> just to let you all no that I have cleared up the RF interference,

Great news.  Were the RA helpful with advice, filters, etc?

> still gets some "snow" on the TV screen

Still snowy when tuned to a video recorder on playback with the
aerial lead unplugged from the video?  Then probably mains borne.
Interference comes back when the aerial lead plugged in (still
watching the playback)? Then RF is being picked up on the outside
of the TV download and flowing down into the equipment.  A common
problem - the inside of the coax is a nice 75 ohm line, the outside
is a nice antenna.

Dan wrote:
> Why do you care anyways??  Are you planning on watching TV and
> running your coil at the same time

He wants to avoid the men in black terminating his hobby.

My last word on interference:  Don't despair, no matter how bad,
there's always a fix.
--
Paul Nicholson