Re: - X-Ray Detection

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <VGREAT-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 10/8/02 11:27:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> > You might borrow a radiation badge from a local hospital X-ray
> > dept.  If you
> > befriend the X-ray tech I'm sure they will give you a badge to do
> > the test.
> > Then the tech processes it to check.  This would be a good test --- please
> > report your results to the Tesla List so we all know.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Dr. Resonance

A problem may be encountered here in that badges that come back indicating
radiation exposure must be explained in writing to the governing authority...
and I  expect they would not treat it kindly if told you were in your buddies
garage doing human experiments with a Tesla Coil.  If the dose were high enough
it could even go to the point were the badge owner would be prohibited from
working in a Radiation area for a quarter or more until the dose could be
averaged out... Stay away from badges, use survey meters or film... I pack of
Polaroid film works well.. remove the allummiun foil from half the pack(just
one side).   place it near your suspected source of xrays and let r rip... then
put the film in the camera and click off a picture in a darkened room(no
light)  if you see white on one side of the picture you had rads there.  you
can also tell the energy by how many pictures were exposed.  if only the top
film it is the lowest more ! penetration(energy) more films exposed.  My coil
runs at about 330KV  which only exposes the top layer...
Happy coiling   Phred AKA Sparky