Re: Halloween Coiling and the FCC

>>My impression is that HAMs used to work Spacelab with
>>1W ish Walkie talkies?

> No problem there, at VHF/UHF.  My comment referred to TC
> operating frequencies.

	Welllll.  I suggest that TC's operate (as the saying
	is) DC to Daylight.  (Considering UV from the gap:
	may not be that far off...)

	I STILL have not seen (have i missed it?)
	which Rx freq was used in the 'my friend the ham
	heard me 20 miles away' test.  I'd be interested
	While the nominal freq may be 100KHz there is
	substantial power elsewhere, unless, as noted,
	specifically suppressed.

	Hint:
	Nominal TV input sensitivity is in the microvolts
	range. (varying from set to set....  thats a good
	starting point.)  Converting from that to power
	gets complex, but can be done.

	Years ago, a friend swore he could pick up a weld
	shop 10 miles away on TV.  Dunno fer sure...

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...
	Vernor Vinge