Re: GMHEICSLR - altitude correction??

Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

D'OH!!!

   Man oh man.... That thought never crossed my mind Terry.... And here I'd
been pulling my hair out and destroying HEICs left and right trying to beat
your record.  Crapola!!!  Now I gotta try it again when I have time (falls
laughing hysterically to the floor, CPR and a jolt from the
heart-kickstarter later sits back up) and another digital camera with which
to document it.

   *twitch*  Just to think of how close I was.... *twitch*  :)

Shad
G5-1203

At 02:39 PM 10/10/02, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>
>
>Hi,
>
>I just realized that altitude may affect the GMHEICSLR too!!  I am at 5300
>feet...
>
>I'll have to look at the charts like:
>
>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/SGapVolt.jpg
>
>to see if I should reduce the "record" length for people at lower altitude!!

>http://ccc.atmos.colostate.edu/~autowx/
>
>looks like I am at about 25.05 inches of mercury here...  If 760mm (29.92")
>is standard then I am at 636.27/760 = 0.8372  that is off the chart I have
>but maybe the "sea level record is more like 13.25 x 0.8372 = 11.1 inches??
>
>I'll have to look into this!!  I think someone got near that??
>
>Cheers,
>
>         Terry
>

>At 11:25 AM 10/10/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> >Yes, thank you.  I don't think that I can enforce a length reduction
> formula
> >based upon weather conditions & air pressure, but I probably ought to
> >collect some data stating the altitude where each coil was operated, and
> >consider that should that entry be tied in length and VA's with another
> entry.
> >
> >Gary Lau
> >MA, USA

Shad (Sundog)
G-5 #1203
"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"