RE: Send a Franceformer to NZ. was; To set the record straight

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Hi Malcolm:

As organizer and final arbiter of the rules, I am creating two competition
categories.  The first category may only use a faceplate-rated 4kV/20mA
NST, of any manufacturer.  Shunt removal is permitted to the extent that
secondary short circuit current is limited to 50mA at the faceplate primary
voltage.

The second category will permit any NST voltage/current combination as long
as the measured secondary short circuit current times faceplate secondary
voltage does not exceed 200 VA, same as a hopped-up 4/20 (4/50) NST.

I'm hoping that these rules keep both 4/20 purists, and those unable to
source a 4/20 but wish to compete with something close, happy.  I do
realize that the two categories are to a degree apples and fruit salad, but
it will be interesting none the less to compare the results.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

>Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" ><m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>