Re: Ballast

Matt, NSTs are internally current limited by way of Shunts, you don't have
to worry about Ballast :) Now, with anything else, you do, but NSTs and FITs
are cool on their own.

>Original poster: "Matt Morrissette by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yinzara-at-MIT.EDU>
>

>Ok, well I ve been studying up on the tesla coil and reading through some
>of
>the past archives. I ve been reading that a form of ballast is needed in
>the
>circuit.  Right now I have a stationary spark gap, MMC capacitor bank,
>primary,
>secondary, and 12/60 transformer.  Do I really need a ballast and if so
>when is
>the cheapest way of going about getting or making one.  Also I don t know
>exactly how to make the safety gap. What should I do for either of these?
>

>Matt

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org

"He had that rare weird electricity about him--that
extremely wild and heavy presence that you only see in
a person who has abandoned all hope of ever behaving
normally." --Hunter S. Thompson