Re: Attaching Toroid

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca>

When I built one of these, I use two 3/4 inch brass straps that you can buy
from a hobby store, for RC planes and trains.  bend them into a "W"  sort
of shape and drill the centres through for a 1/4 inch all thread rod. You
mount them 90 degress apart, like an X.    The center is flat and goes half
ways up inside of the homemade toriod and the wings of the "W" are curved
to fit around the ducting.  Then I drilled hole through the wings and duct,
then used pop rivits to fasten it all together.  It makes a very strong
toroid.

I hope this helps,

Shaun Epp