RE: NST filter

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Reading the past archives I see there has been a lot of discussion about
NST filters.  I'm curious to hear what people's current opinions about
them are and if you feel they are needed and if so which types do you
recommend.

but never actually put it into my tesla coil.
So far, I have about 84 hours of actual run-time on my coil with not one
failure yet of any component (better knock on wood i guess) and have NO nst
filter.

My coil specs:

.0277uF Capacitor (GE 42L type capacitors)
15kV/60mA Franceformer Transformer
4.5" secondary
Synchronous Rotary Spark Gap

Dan