Re: I need to find a place to fire my coil!

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-madlabs.info>

John,

What a bummer, having a coil and not being able to fire it. My suggestions
would be:

Try the high school physics teacher.
Find a friend with a more understanding Mom.
Seek out an adult electronics mentor. Maybe look in your area for Hams.
Post a message to this list, with a title like: Looking for place to fire
coil near San Jose.

Maybe if you could find an experienced coiler in your area, and you both
went and had a talk with your Mom, and explained what safety precautions you
are taking and how important it is to you. Especially if you tell her that
until you get more experience, the other coiler will be present during
firing.

And don't blame your Mom, she loves you and wants what is best for you. TCs
are very scary looking devices! I sure hope you find a place. Unfortunately,
I live 5 hours away from you, or I'd say bring it over!

Good Luck,

Jonathan Peakall