Re: counterpoise

At 07:55 AM 10/15/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
>I want to run my coil in the metal shop. But there is no good ground near
>buy.
>There are however some Big, heavy gauge, all steel tables at hand.
>Would a table about 4 by 20 feet be a good ?

That would work great... put the coil on top of the table, and connect the
RF ground of the coil (i.e. the bottom of the secondary) to the table. Make
sure the table is grounded to a safety ground.  Doesn't need a big wire,
it's just for protection if something "bad" happens (like the 110V primary
wire falls off and touches the table the fuse or breaker blows, etc.).