Re: Suggestions for Hookup wire...

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for
> high voltage hookup wire.
>
> Specifically, for connections to the primary
> coil, spark gap, capacitor, NST etc...

First, any type of wire will work for most tesla coils (excluding the very
high power coils).  I have gotten good results with a 15kv/120mA using
14AWG high voltage wire, 12AWG solid house wiring, and 8 AWG welding wire.
A lot of people will swear only by a certain type of wire, but
you would be surprised what you could get away with.

Secondly, spade / ring lugs can look very aesthetic if done properly and is
probably the way of choice.  I would recommend going this route.
Its just as easy using ring lugs to connect / disconnect items as with coax
connectors.

Dan