Re: Toriod construction

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 10/17/02 9:28:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "Matt Morrissette by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yinzara-at-MIT.EDU>
>

> I didn t receive a reply to my last posting. I have a 29 major 6 minor
> diameter
> toroid made from a 6 metal dryer tube taped together with aluminum tape and a
> piece of Styrofoam put in the center and covered with the aluminum tape.
> Should I cover the pipe itself with tape since it is already metal?  It has
> ridges on it because it s one of those expandable ones.  Is it necessary?
>

> Matt Morrissette

Matt,

I recently made a couple of toroids out of the semi-rigid aluminum duct
material.  I did not cover them with aluminum tape and they work just fine.  I
understand other folks use them as is and some have put tape on them.  I guess
it just depends on how much work you want to do and what you want it to look
like when finished.  I would expect little performance difference between taped
and not taped.

Ed Sonderman