Re: ARSG Max bps query

Original poster: "Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

Quoting Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>:

Ted,

Leaving maths aside, my experience suggests that this will work fine.
BUT, I advise that you use a DECENT static gap in series with your
RSG. I found that the higher BPS rsgs need super fast quenching. The
high BPS tends to have a greater shorting action on the transformer.
The use of a good airblast or vacuum gap will reduce this somewhat by
decreasing the dwell times. My old asrsg used to melt 5mm tungsten
electrodes like butter. The series static gap helped in this regard
also. You will find that dwell time and quenching is much more
important with an asrsg.

Cheers,

Greg.