MOT/Doubler questions or Outrageous Amps Part II

Original poster: "Ken Stevens by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bluewaterdiver-at-earthlink-dot-net>

OK, I went back to basics and looked at every single component. MOT's
and Doublers.

I hooked up each MOT independent, and drew a nice NST like arc off of
each (but with more snarl), OK MOTs are good.

Hooked them both up together and tried to draw and arc and nada! Opps,
Phasings wrong. Simple fix and WOW, nice 2" arcs. Great!!! Twins are
good.

Hook up the doubler and check arc again. Wow, doesn't want to jump at
all. OK, try the spare doubler and it's only a little better. Arc is
very different. MOT's only, the arc is quiet but long, but with the
doubler in place the arcs are short, longest is about 1/2", and they
sound much harsher, more buzzy, like an arc welder!

So, anyone out there able to tell me if all is well?

I think it's working right, because I have tested every component, by
itself and with a spare, so all reads right. I get good input voltages
to the doubler, about 2200v each leg, but I also read the same at the
gap. Does this circuit only work under load conditions?

Thanks for the input...

Ken Stevens