Wintesla was right. (Was: Wintesla, TCCAD and my poor results.)

Original poster: "Mark Hales by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <markhals-at-dircon.co.uk>

Cheers to everyone that gave advice.
I followed most, if not all suggestions and I now see 24" - 30"
(ungrounded - grounded remote strike point).
This coil has given me great experience.
I'd imagine with a little tweaking, I'd see another 6", but now it's going
to mothballs and I'm moving onto my next pigette powered model.
Many thanks again.
Mark H