Re: WinTesla Equations Version 5.5

Original poster: "Lee Hennes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <leehennes-at-cox-dot-net>

Hi all...

OOOPS! I gave you a formula for breakdown voltage in dry air at sea level. The
formula was fine but I had a brain fart on the units. The formula again is:

v = 2440 d + 61 d^2

v:  kilovolts
d:   gap in meters  (NOT inches as I previously said!)

converting the formula to inches gives us:

v = 61.9760 d + 1.5494 d^2

Therefore using this formula it would take 63.6 kv for the 1 inch gap. A gap
supplied by a standard 15kv NST  breaks down at a 0.25" gap which is
reasonable.  The reference is: High Voltage Engineering by M. Khalia, Marcel
Dekker, Inc., 1990. Sorry for my math blunder. I am sure some of you were
scratching your head when you tried to use the previous formula....

Lee