Re: Ground rod question

Original poster: "Daniel Hess by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhess1-at-us.ibm-dot-com>

All;

When installing a ground rod for a lightning arrester system for a TV
antenna, I learned that the rod should be at least 6-8 feet from any
structure (house, barn, storage shed and so on). I don't know if this
technique is applicable for a dedicated Tesla RF ground but have observed
it anyway and have not been sorry thus far.

Be careful about leaving a few inches of ground rod above the ground
surface. Might be a nasty surprise for a lawn mower or a good way to stub a
toe. I use one of those plastic valve boxes with a lid. (These are normally
used for sprinkler systems and are available at any home improvement
store). The top of my ground rod is inside the valve box, below the
surface.

Be safe,

Daniel

"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 10/28/2002 09:08:43 AM