Re: DC vs. AC; caps

Original poster: "Brett Miller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brmtesla-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Original poster: "The Cronje Family by way of Terry
 > Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
 > <cronkies-at-netactive.co.za>
 >
 > To All Who Read This List And Respond To Poor
 > Mortals Like Myself,
 >
 > What is the difference between making a coil run on
 > DC or on AC? Is any
 > large design-change(?) needed?

Hi Pieter,

Yes, converting an AC system to smoothly and safely
run DC requires a pretty large design change...see
below.

Richie Burnett of the U.K. has the best information
on this subject:

http://www.richieburnett.co.uk

 > Also,what kind of home-made caps are the best? (I'm
 > having a cash-flow
 > problem at the moment...)

MMCs - Multi Mini Cap
http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/mmcinfo.htm