RE: TC Optimum Coupling

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Antonio -

The JHCTES program appears to conflict with what Marco said about the K
Factor. I wanted to point out that the program is correct when it shows that
the secondary voltage (spark length) increases and the K Factor decreases
when the secondary windings are increased. This obviously can not be
extended beyond a certain amount because the secondary voltage would go to
infinity as the K Factor is decreased. For this reason I set a limit on the
number of secondary turns for the program.

To my knowledge no one has ever made the necessary tests to determine the
increase in secondary volts when the K Factor is increased by reducing the
clearance between the primary and secondary coils. These tests would be of
interest to find out how the secondary voltage conforms with theory. In fact
this would be important information because coilers change the pri/sec
clearance by raising the secondary coil. How much secondary voltage are they
loosing when they do this?

John Couture