Re: Designing coil for use with Pole Transformer . . .

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <BillEaver-at-aol-dot-com>

Dan: Some of us are working on a variable ballast that comes from this
web site.http://www.tpub-dot-com/neets/book8/32m.htm
Check out fig. 3-37. It shows two tourus transformers that handle half
of the sine wave each. I have been using two steel banding strap loops
that they scraped from work because of rust. I know it's the wrong kind
of steel but it works very good so far. It could be due to the low duty of
each tourus. Anyway it's cheap and if I can get it to ballast my 10KVA
14.4kv pig it will be overkill for any other of lower current control.
Denis Despins
KC6TRW