History (Re: science project?)

> Edison claimed that polyphase (AC) electricity was

> extremely dangerous

	Edison claimed (rightly) that High Voltage
	at usual freqs was dangerous.

> and that his DC electricity was relatively safe.

	DC at HV is equally dangerous.
	however DC AS used was 600V and down.
	(The risk, into which MUCH design goes, invisible
	to the casual user, with AC is that transformer
	insulation may fail, leaving Lotsa Volts on the
  	user side.  Hence: green wire grounds...)

> I think at a world's fair in chicago or something,

	The ongoing 'war of the demos' took place many
	places.  Chicago (?? Philly???) Worlds Fair was
	notable as an early, large scale, application of
	an AC System.

> Tesla debunked Edison's theory by passing high
> frequency high voltage through his own body. . . .
	'Any advanced technology is indistinguishable

	from a rigged demo'.
	In this case, Tesla had the more rigged demo, as
	he used HF: had he used 60 Hz, he'd have died...

(And we are likely getting a bit off topic....)

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...
	Vernor Vinge