RE: Designing coil for use with Pole Transformer . . .

Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Dr.,
Very good. Yes, I know superior coils are made with secondaries with such
diameters. I was just thinking about the fact that Dan is a Novice (I
assume); but it is true that larger components are no more difficult to
fabricate than smaller stuff, maybe easier, so why not?

I'm hip!

Dave H

Original poster: "D.C. Cox by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

No, no jesting.  Our model M-150 system uses these exact parameters and it
produces 1 MEV with 9.5 ft. long discharges.  Coil length is 52 inches.

John Freau used less than 900 watts in a setup with a very large dia coil to
produce incredible output sparks over 42 in long.

Large diameters promote better coupling of energy from pri to sec inductors.

Dr. Resonance