Re: Hysteresis vs synchro motors for TC work

In a message dated 9/2/02 7:48:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> When you activate the motor it always syncs in one of two places (1) right on
> the 60 Hertz peak in which case the motor is snycing with the four "flats"
> ground on the armature, or (2) at 45 degrees off the 60 Hertz peak in which
> case the motor is syncing with the "90 degree corner of the armature".

DC,

It's interesting that those HYST motors have flats on the armature.
The HYST motors I've seen have no flats and can lock in any
random position at start-up.  It would appear from all this that
there are different types of HYST motors.  Folks still need to
be careful with other types of HYST motors; ones other than
the ones you sold to folks.

John