Re: PFC's instead of shunts?

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Tim,

Absolutely not! You need to insert a current limiting element of some
type in series with the LV side of the PT. For best efficiency, the
series element (ballast) is usually a low value, high current inductor.
You can then add a PFC across the combination of the inductor and PT to
help counteract the inductive phase shift introduced by the inductive
ballast.

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>