Re: Anyone use MMC's with their pole transformers???????????

Tesla list wrote:

<Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

> In a message dated 9/2/02 11:35:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
> >
> > Dan,
> >
> > You're likely to encounter much irritation then, because the
> > term "pole pig" or just "pig" is very common on the list.  I happen
> > to like the term BTW.  It's all part of the fun.  One
> > can say they "roasted their pig", or that their "pig weighs
> > 240 lbs", or that their "pig is strong", etc.  Any non-Tesla
> > folks who heard this would think the pig in question was the type that
> > gets sliced into hams and porkchops   :)
> >
> > John

	"Pole pigs" have been around for at least 80 years, probably more.
Since the very early days of ham CW (read that tube transmitters) around
1920/21 guys have been using them (mostly 110/220 - 2200) for plate
supply transformers, and the earliest reference I remember reading used
the term.

There's nothing new under the sun!

Ed