Re: 6 MOT Coil

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Ah Hi

I,m envious, I can get about the 6 to 7' mark but have not yet achieved
anything like the 13.5', My experimental and optimising time is very limited
for many reasons.Split mains outlet driving may make it possible for me to
achieve the 9kw or so your running. Last experiments worked well but I
chickened out winding the variac up all the way when arcs got to 6'.  Too
much noise and SRSG safety was going mad. This thing intimidates me a lot

To clarify:
1) Yes more MOTs=Bigger secondary Arcs
2) Have never tried a jacobs with it can't comment but oh yes I'm getting
lots of volts for sure, safetly gaps with clearance of 0.75cm fire with the
6MOT system. This is okay as the safety gap is in parallel with SRSG and
adds more bangs to the O/P

Would appreciate your basic specs in the areas I've listed for mine. I'd
like to compare a more optimised coil with mine:
Fsec =95kHz unloaded and 52kHz with big toroid. 8"dia 54" of 45TPI wire.
This sec has quite a lot of turns

Toroid 12" by 43" flexiduct. But I've been mostly using a 6" by 27" smaller
toroid

Pri 88nF MMC with 1/4" tube at 1/2" centres Max 17Turn. Very robust MMC
zillions of volts and Ipk capability

SRSG: 100bps (currently) 10.5" dia at 3000rpm

Tnx
Ted L in NZ