Re: How big can i go??

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 09:31 PM 04/09/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Hello,
>
>Im looking to upgrade my 1800VA coil.  Im running 2 15/60s with a .0283uf
>cap.  I have a static RQ gap that overheats.  I ordered another set of caps,
>so i can double that value to .0566uf.  I am also looking into making Gary
>Lau's sucker gap.  Im wondering if i can use this large cap with out a SRSG,
>but a sucker instead.  I see that Gary uses a 2X resonant cap(.02uf) with
>the single 15/60 and gets near the output of my coil with 2X the transformer
>power( i get about 63", he gets 58").  Tell me what you think!!  thanks,
>
>Steve Ward.

Hi Steve, Coilers,

I'm using a variant of Gary's "Vortex Gap" with my pig powered coil and
it's working fine so far.  In my case the chamber for the electrodes is
made from a PVC electrical fitting which is pressurised by a compressor
from an old vacuum cleaner.  The air exits the chamber via the hollow
electrodes.  You can see a picture of my "Hyperbaric Gap" on my site.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
G-1#1214

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca