RE: Secondary Frequencies . . .

Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Dan,
I'll take a shot at that one. Some of Masters may elaborate more
effectively.

The very largest coils in existence operate at freqs quite a bit lower than
70-80 kHz.

Check this out: http://www.lod-dot-org/electrum/electrumspecs.html
The incredible Electrum coil operates at 37.92 kHz.

Also http://www.lod-dot-org/alftech.html ,
The proposed Advanced Lightning Facility's Fo is 15.7 kHz

I think Kevin's Biggg Coil, http://www.flash-dot-net/~kreld/kevin's.htm ,
operates at under 50 kHz.

Here --> http://www.ttr-dot-com/story.html , Bill Wysock's work.

So no--clearly, 70-80 kHz is not too low by any means, and I think the
Master's on the list will agree that performance generally increases with
decreasing frequency. I think this is because larger toroids demanded
develop higher potentials.

I do not know if there is a theoretical lower limit to Tesla Coil Fo.
Certainly Fo=0--DC, wouldn't work!
Dave Hartwick

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

What the the lower limits on resonant frequencies be for a good working
coil???
Is 70-80kHz too low????

Thanks
Dan