Re: capductor or incapacitator or something (OLTC idea...)

Original poster: "Wells Campbell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wellscampbell-at-onebox-dot-com>

Antonio,

Ah, I had a feeling the incapacitator had probably been done before,
if "I" can think up something like that, then surely someone more qualified
would have done it many many years ago and subsequently abandoned it
as outdated :>)

Anyway, I abandoned it for tesla service for many of the same reasons
that rolled caps were abandoned: too difficult to design and make
bulletproof,(remember
pumping out those PVC tubes over and over?) and for what? the miniscule
advantages were probably dwarfed by losses elsewhere, such as in the
secondary, as Terry is finding out, for instance.

That being said, the curious factor is what attracted me to the idea
in the first place, I think a small, compact, low power coil might be
the perfect app. for the "incapacitator". :>)

Cheers,

--
Wells Campbell