Re: Oh the humanity . . . how could they ? ? ? ?

Tesla list wrote:

<dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

> I can't believe what happened tuesday of this week at work.  Of all the days
> I decided to take vacation on . . .
>
> To make long stories short, our high voltage lab has a large quantity of
> toroids which we use in conjuction with various hi-pot machines and other
> high voltage equipment.  All in all we had about 30 toroids ranging in sizes
> from 4 x 20" up to 15 x 40-50"  GIANT BOHEMETHS!!!!  Anyways, I went in the
> back room where they are stored and was going to root around for some parts
> I might be able to scrounge (little stuff), and the whole room was emptied.
> GASP!
>
> Turns out, the company decided to clean out this store room and tossed
> practically everything out in the dumpster including the toroids.  I ran to
> the dumpsters out back and they were completely empty - apparently i just
> missed the trucks.
>
> A sad, sad day . . . depressing.
>
> I know we had at least 2 of those giant toroids 15" x 4 feet or something.
> Man, their probably a couple grand apiece easily!!!!
>
> "Captain Corona"

	I think most of us have had similar experiences.  When the stuff is in
storage but not being used there's always a conflict between honesty and
the knowledge the stuff is probably going to get pitched.  We "straight
arrows" suffer from that.

Ed