Re: Pre-Treatment for Sonotubes for Secondary Coils? ? ?

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

I coated mine first with Jasco "Water Sealant II", a clear
silicone-containing sealant.  I let it dry for a day or so, then wound on
1 tight layer of .06"-dia. white cotton twine to form a spiral track for
space-winding the wire.  Over the twine I then wound an overlapping layer
of 0.002 or 0.003" x 2"-wide teflon pipe-tape.  That was to provide a
tough, smooth surface for the wire while not eliminating the track formed
by the twine.  Then I wound on the wire--"heavy-build" varnished 22 ga.
copper.  The spacing was to give a higher Q.

Lastly, I held the wire in place with 8 longitudinal beads of polystyrene
"Q-dope".

Ken Herrick