RE: Surplus Power Equipment - Pole Transformers?

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Like most of you, I also discourage the use of using pole transformers
unless you are very familiar with the safety / danger aspects of such
beasts.  Its far to easy to become complacent with the things and the next
thing you know your dead or worst alive with your arms completely blown off.

Anyways, if you really want a pole transformer, T & R Electric always has a
huge stock of them ready for sale.  Search for them on the internet.  They
have a transformer inventory search on their website, but it never works.
You have to call.

Also, its best if you order stating you are from your workplace and have it
delivered to a commercial place as well.

Basically you must first act like your really know about these things
otherwise they get scared (This was advice first given to me by Ed Wingate).
The transformer you are looking for is:

3-15kVA
Pole Transformer
14400/29940y Primary
120/240 Secondary
Non-PCB
Non-CSP
No lightning arrestor (this is usually implied in the Non-CSP portion, but
it never hurts to mention)
Two-Bushing

I currently bought a 3kVA for $180 and a 5kVA for $200 and freight was about
$100 for each.

Dan