Re: EMI filtration Questions

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

> What kind of filter?? I have no idea. I think a brickwall

>filter with cutoff steep enough to attenuate everything

>above 60 Hz would be a good start.

	Indeed.

> Do you have a favorite?
	Not to speak of: 'commercial filter', without

	qualification, is a bit broad for useful

	discussion.  Bigger, specialized, commercial
	filters can help.  Any filter needs a 'shield
	wall' to be fully effective, but they can be worth
	trying without.  And Tesla Systems can present
	'risks', in the form of high RF and high voltage
	spikes that are beyond the design limits of
	_some_ commerical filters.  If cheap, try, if it
	fails (lets smoke out) or is ineffective, need a
	bigger/better one.  If big one shows up at hamfest
	or wherever, its worth a shot.

	Its hard to be definitive.  Like any engineering:
	with enough test equipment, filter work is fairly
	exact, without, it can approach 'magick'.
	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...
	Vernor Vinge