RE: where to put the coil guts

Original poster: "Wells Campbell by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wellscampbell-at-onebox-dot-com>

Jim,

Yeah, I couldn't agree more that it would be neat to have the gap out
of sight and earshot too if possible. I am trying to design an enclosure
for my rotary that would dampen most of the noise and all but a small
window which I plan to glaze with welder's glass, so that the user can
observe the gap sparks in action safely. I feel that nothing should distract
one from the sparks themselves.

Also, you should look into magnifier design. I am designing one that
should give 4-5 foot arcs from just a 16" by 3" dia. resonator, base
fed by transmission line.

Cheers,

--
Wells Campbell