Re: Why no corona? OH YES, LOTS

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

What do you mean no corona???  Those power lines are filled with huge
amounts of corona.  Have you ever walked underneath a high voltage
transmission line on a hot, humid day????
Both AC and DC high voltage transmission lines are loaded with corona.  We
have a special corona camera (very sensitive to UV light) and in broad
dayling you can see the corona with these cameras very easily, even on 14400
residential power lines.

Dan